“Applying for housing for people with disabilities in Massachusetts”: This is a PowerPoint training presentation for families, transition professionals, and family support professionals. You will need to download it for the embedded video on Slide 2 to play. Alternately, the video on slide 2 may be viewed here. You can also see a version of this presentation in Google Slides here. If you wish to view it in other languages, translations of this presentation are available here, including subtitled versions of the video on Slide 2.
Housing search and application grid: a color-coded system to guide you through the application process. (Translations of the grid in Arabic, Chinese, Haitian-Creole, Portuguese, Spanish, and Vietnamese are available on the Translations page.) A basic list of applications is:
- Section 8 portable (Gold)
- A sample of a completed DHCD Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program (regional non-profit) application is here.
- Note, no sample of a completed Centralized Waiting List application can be posted due to copyright restrictions.
- The CHAMP (Blue)
- Alternative Housing Voucher Program (AHVP) (Blue)
- 3 others using www.HousingWorks.net(Purple)
- A sample of a completed Massachusetts Rental Voucher Program (MRVP) application is here.
- Other types of applications available through Housing Works are not necessarily standardized, but ask questions similar to those on the MRVP application.
Personalize your basic list using a checklist. (Translations of the checklist are available in Arabic, Chinese, Haitian-Creole, Portuguese, Spanish, and Vietnamese on the Translations page.)
Housing application spreadsheet: Track where you have applied and when you have made contact. Note: this is a zipped Excel file, allowing you to enter data and use interactive check boxes. If you will be tracking information by hand, a .pdf file is here. (Translations of the spreadsheet are available in Arabic, Chinese, Haitian-Creole, Portuguese, Spanish, and Vietnamese on the Translations page.)
(Please note that nothing on this website is intended as legal advice, there is no guarantee the information provided is accurate, and using the information provided does not guarantee one will receive a housing voucher. For a complete legal disclaimer, please click here.)