There are many more ways to apply for housing than just applying for portable Section 8 vouchers. This subsection of the website will help guide you through the process of broadening your search — which can speed up how fast your family member finds housing. Click on the tabs in the sub-menu to get started, beginning with Overview of housing types.
There are also links for supporting materials in the documents section, including:
- “Applying for housing for people with disabilities in Massachusetts”, a training presentation, for families, transition professionals, and family support professionals
- A housing search and application grid
- A checklist for selecting where to apply
- A spreadsheet for tracking applications
- Sample completed applications
(Please note that nothing on this website is intended as legal advice, there is no guarantee the information provided is accurate, and using the information provided does not guarantee one will receive a housing voucher. For a complete legal disclaimer, please click here.)